Mathematics my tough love
The project was carried out in order to increase the attractiveness and quality of vocational education at the Mikołaj Kopernik School of Economics in Kielce. Its aim was to increase students’ level of competence in mathematics and economics, demonstrate the benefits of mathematical skills in everyday life, disseminate mathematical and economic languages among students, and develop the ability to plan their own development.
The project program included:
- classes allowing for the development of mathematical and professional competences of project participants,
- computer classes on keeping accounts of business activity,
- psychological classes supporting the process of overcoming learning difficulties and barriers aa well as the stereotypes concerning the choice of educational pathways,
- visits and trips to provide project participants with the information on the educational offer of universities in Kielce and Kraków,
- meetings with employers preparing students for an effective entrance on the labor market.
More than 70 students had a chance to take part in the project.